Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Interior Construction & Detailing for Designers & Architects
, Sixth Edition is a comprehensive guide for students, interior designers, and architects involved in commercial and residential construction.
Clear and complete explanations of how to select suitable materials and components and determine appropriate construction techniques make this book an essential, time-saving reference.Topics Covered
- Acoustics, Decorative Metals, Partitions
- Architectural Woodwork, Doors and Hardware, Security Systems
- Audiovisual Spaces, Flooring Construction and Finishes, Signage Systems
- Barrier-Free Design, Glazing, Structural Coordination
- Building Codes and Regulations, Licensure, Sustainable Design
- Building Investigation, Means of Egress, Wall Finishes
- Ceilings, Mechanical and Electrical Systems, Coordination
- Interested in a prep course for the NCIDQ® IDFX, IDPX, or Practicum? Click here to learn more.
- Designed to provide easy access to essential information, this book’s key features include:
- Over 350 figures and tables.
- More than 2,500 index entries.
- Applicable Construction Specification Institute MasterFormat numbers in section heads.
- Quick-reference boxed text containing supplementary information.
- A chapter-by-chapter list of additional references.
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: PPI, A Kaplan Company
About the Author
David Kent Ballast, FAIA, CSI, NCIDQ Certification No. 9425, owns Architectural Research Consulting, a firm offering information and management services to architects, interior designers, and the construction industry. Mr. Ballast taught interior construction and other courses at Arapahoe Community College for over 20 years. A licensed architect in the state of Colorado, Mr. Ballast has written many books on design topics.